“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” – Zig Ziglar
We’ve been talking about goals a lot recently around the gym, so I thought I would expand on goal setting a bit more this week. For me, having goals in mind whether they be relationally, mentally, spiritually, or physically, keep me grounded. Goals help keep me disciplined. They also add a purpose to what I am doing, which then also helps me actually accomplish the goals I have set for myself. So in those moments of why the heck am I doing this? I can have a reason which is concrete and meaningful.
Here are my top by reasons WHY goal setting is so important:
- Goals help you take back control of your health
- Feeling like your sleep walking through life? Maybe you feel out-of-sorts? Setting goals can help get you back on track and give you purpose!
2. Get maximum results
- You can’t know what you are working toward unless you state an end goal, whether that be a number and or physical thing! State the purpose of your goal – be specific!
3. Creates accountability
- Now that you’ve created your goal – share it with others! Join together! Nothing is more motivating than seeing your friends walking along side you and encouraging you every step of the way!
4. LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE
- Setting goals ensures you are living your best life! Don’t settle for mediocre! Aim high!
What are you goals the rest of this month? This year? We’d love to hear about them! Like us on Facebook or Instagram and join the conversation!
Feeling inspired? Join our Back to School, Back on Track Challenge and let us partner with you!