For so many when the word “health” is mentioned, they immediately think: weight loss. They think of that “perfect” weight, that “perfect” dress size. However, numbers on the scale only tell half the story when it comes to actually embracing true HEALTH.
We believe health starts from the inside out. Changing mindsets, habits, and perspectives are key to living a long, healthy, and happy life!
With the school year kicking off and 2017 over half way over, we challenge you to consider rethinking your current approach to health. Are you putting off things in your life now until you reach your “goal weight”? Are you limiting yourself with a negative mindset or unhealthy habits? If you are, let us help! We want to help you brainstorm ways you can find health and happiness in your life now! Maybe you want more energy? Maybe you want to learn how to cook a nutritious meal at home? Let us partner with you and keep you accountable to your health and fitness goals, and everything in between.
7 Lifestyle Changes To Become Your Best, Healthiest Self
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” – Zig Ziglar
We’ve been talking about goals a lot recently around the gym, so I thought I would expand on goal setting a bit more this week. For me, having goals in mind whether they be relationally, mentally, spiritually, or physically, keep me grounded. Goals help keep me disciplined. They also add a purpose to what I am doing, which then also helps me actually accomplish the goals I have set for myself. So in those moments of why the heck am I doing this? I can have a reason which is concrete and meaningful.
Here are my top by reasons WHY goal setting is so important:
- Goals help you take back control of your health
- Feeling like your sleep walking through life? Maybe you feel out-of-sorts? Setting goals can help get you back on track and give you purpose!
2. Get maximum results
- You can’t know what you are working toward unless you state an end goal, whether that be a number and or physical thing! State the purpose of your goal – be specific!
3. Creates accountability
- Now that you’ve created your goal – share it with others! Join together! Nothing is more motivating than seeing your friends walking along side you and encouraging you every step of the way!
4. LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE
- Setting goals ensures you are living your best life! Don’t settle for mediocre! Aim high!
What are you goals the rest of this month? This year? We’d love to hear about them! Like us on Facebook or Instagram and join the conversation!
Feeling inspired? Join our Back to School, Back on Track Challenge and let us partner with you!
- Infertility and irregular periods
- Weight gain or weight loss (that’s unexplained and not due to intentional changes in your diet)
- Depression and anxiety
- Low libido
- Changes in appetite
- Digestive issues
- Hair loss and hair thinning
- Food allergies and gut issues: An expanding field of new research shows that your gut health plays a significant role in hormone regulation. If you have leaky gut syndrome or a lack of beneficial probiotic bacteria lining your intestinal wall, your more susceptible to hormonal problems including diabetes and obesity. That’s because inflammation usually stems from your gut and then impacts nearly every aspect of your health
- Being overweight or obese
- High levels of inflammation caused by a poor diet and a sedentary lifestyle
- Genetic susceptibility
- Toxicity (exposure to pesticides, toxins, viruses, cigarettes, excessive alcohol and harmful chemicals)
- High amount of stress, and a lack of enough sleep and rest
“How I Overcame A Weight Loss Plateau By Changing My Mindset”
Yes, you heard right: It’s National Peach Ice Cream Day!
Peaches serve as a great source of Vitamin C which not only serves to boost your immune system, but is great for skin health too. They are also rich with minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, phosphorous, zinc, and copper. They are high in dietary fiber too!
So while ice cream may not be on the menu tonight, give peaches a try in this amazing summery salad recipe (recipe below!). Serve along side your favorite protein (grilled chicken or salmon are great options) and be refreshed, energized, and peachy-keen!
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 1 3/4 cups
- Total Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Protein: 2g
*Want to get access to more great recipes, meal inspiration, and healthy eating tips? Consider joining the Macro Accountability Program! Find out more here!
TEMPLE FITNESS IS A GROUP AND PERSONAL TRAINING STUDIO! THAT HELPS YOU LOSE WEIGHT AND GAIN MUSCLE! WE HAVE BOTH PERSONAL AND GROUP TRAINING OPTIONS. CHECK US OUT FOR A FREE CONSULT!
WARM UP – 6 TO 8 MINUTES
MOBILITY – LAT STRETCH AND ROLLING
STRICT PRESS – 3 X 5 @ 80%
PUSH PRESS TO A NEGATIVE 3 X 3 @100% OF STRICT PRESS
REAR RAISES WITH LANDMINE – 3 X 8
METABOLIC CONDITIONING – LADDER 10 TO 1
SUMO DEADLIFT HIGH PULL
BENCH PRESS @ 50%
1 TABATA OF VUP AND SQUAT JUMPS
STRETCH COOL DOWN-